Saturday, July 15, 2017

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday

So much Stranger Things stuff was announced this week, along with some other things that got me pretty excited this week.

BOOK

Cover of Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu (goodreads)

I have a thing for superhero stories, and I happen to love the idea of iconic superheros as teens I was super excited when this 'series' was announced. We're impatiently waiting for Leigh Bardugo's take on Wonder Woman to be released, but we get to look at the cover for Marie Lu's take on Batman to make the wait a little easier. 


This cover is going to look amazing with the Wonder Woman cover, and I cannot wait to read Bruce's story. I trut Marie Lu will do a fantastic job. 

TV/MOVIE

Stranger Things Season Two Key Art

Pretty sure everyone who visits this blog is well aware of my Stranger Things obsession. I am so excited that we're finally getting reveals about season two, the most important of which is an official release date. OCTOBER 27!!!



I am so excited to watch this! I happen to be off on Fridays from work so I intend to get up early and binge the entire thing.October can not come quickly enough in my opinion. 



OTHER



 Second Wave Of Stranger Things Funko Pops

I loved the first wave of Stranger Things Pops from Funko, and was excited to see that we are getting a second wave so quickly. I have preordered most of these, and am eagerly anticipating them arriving.



I particularly love the Nancy and Jonathan ones! It will also be nice to have a Hopper to put along side my Joyce one (I ship it so much).

36 Questions Podcast (link)

You may not know that I adore Jonathan Groff. Have loved him since he came to my attention as Jesse St James in Glee. He's has an incredible singing voice, and I will pretty much watch (or listen) to anything he is involved. (ie - his new Netflix show, Mindhunters, is high on my must watch list this fall). I was curious when I saw the announcement that he was going to be part of a musical in podcast format. I wasn't sure how it would work, but it really (REALLY) does.



It is called 36 Questions, and is based off the 36 Questions that are designed to make strangers fall in love.  In this podcast a couple is trying to save their marriage from the brink of divorce by asking each other these questions. The songs are catchy, both cast members have amazing singing voices, and the story really does come alive in this format. I am impatiently waiting for part two to be released so I can continue this couple's story.


What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...