Saturday, June 24, 2017

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday

Summer is officially here, but I am already missing the weather that allows me to curl up with a cup of tea, a blanket and a good book. I guess it is time for outside reading, ice cream and fruity wine beverages.

Lots of exciting things were announced this week, and here are the ones I have been most excited about.

BOOK

Marisha Pessl's YA Debut

It was announced that Marissa Pessl will be releasing her first young adult novel. I love Night Film by her so I was excited to hear she'd be releasing another book, and even more excited by the news that it would be young adult.

The title of the upcoming release is Neverworld Wake and the synopsis is basically everything I want in a book.
A group of teens who all attended the same elite prep school reunite a year after graduation. After a night on the town, the teens are faced with an impossible choice—only one of them can live and the decision must be unanimous.
That is not a choice ANYONE wants to make, but it instantly makes me want to ask a million questions. Mainly, why? Why do they have to make this choice? Who or what is making them? How long to do they have to choose? I can just tell it is going to be a discussion starting read and I cannot wait. There are also sci-fi elements to the story which isn't immediately evident from the synopsis.

TV/MOVIE

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

I am so excited for the second season of American Crime Story. It will focus on the assassination of Gianni Versace and looks to be just as well crafted as the first season (which focused on the trial of OJ Simpson).

This week's issue of Entertainment Weekly has a feature story on the upcoming season and it is PERFECT. I always love the casting in Ryan Murphy's shows and this is no exception.


It was also just revealed that Finn Wittrock will be joining the cast in a minor role (he is playing a friend of the guy who murdered Gianni Versace) and that news has only increased my excitement level (which surprises nobody who has read this blog).

Fun fact - they are filming at house Gianni Versace lived in at the time of the murder. This is going to add a layer of realism to the show, but also sends shivers up my spine. Not sure I could do it myself.

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...