Saturday, January 7, 2017

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Lots of exciting things in this week's post. I am excited for a new year and new things to get excited about.

BOOK

Not Without You: A Stucky Anthology 

It is no secret that I love the Captain America movies. Part of what I love so much is the relationship between Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes. I fully ship them and wish the Marvel movies would just let it happy already. I mean, it is barely even subtext at this point.

My friend Jessica sent me a Kickstarter link for an awesome sounding collection of comics, artwork, and short stories that portray Steve and Bucky's relationship in a romantic light and I, of course, had to back it!



The Kickstarter is doing incredibly well and has already surpassed its main goal and many of the stretch goals. If you're a Steve and Bucky fan I highly recommend checkout this out because it sounds like it is going to be a great collection and a the final product is going to be really pretty! Just look at the cover!

Stephanie Perkins new book!

I squealed like the fangirl that I am when Stephanie Perkins announced her new book's title, and that it would be released in 2017. This is Stepahnie Perkins take on horror and I cannot wait to see what she does with this.

The title? Well, it's perfect for starters.


Does that not bring to mind classic horror movies and the tropes within? The whole 'the call is coming from inside the house' trope for one. Whenever I think of horror genre tropes I immediately think of Scream. A movie that played with those tropes and ended up redefining it. This is, from what I hear, influenced by Scream and I cannot wait!

Stalking Jack The Ripper sequel news

I loved Kerri Maniscalco's Stalking Jack The Ripper and was very excited about sequel news. This week she released that the book will be out in fall 2017 and its title.

I am so excited because the sequel deals with a character I LOVE and I cannot wait to see her tackle this classic. The title is ....

Hunting Prince Dracula 

Let the flailing begin! This is most likely going to be more Vlad The Impaler than vampire but it is still going to be amazing. I cannot wait for some seriously sexy banter and more bad ass Audrey Rose.

OTHER

DC Bombshells Joker Funko Pop

This may just be my favourite Joker Pop that Funko has released. He is perfect for Valentine's Day and I am pretty sure there will be a Harley Quinn Pop to match. I'll for sure be purchasing one of these. I just have to decide if I want the black and white or colour version.


I am leaning towards the black and white version. It is going to depend on the Harley Quinn that matches this as I want the set.

What are you obsessed with this week?

1 comment:

  1. Those joker Funko Pops are awesome. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...