Saturday, April 2, 2016

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

Sarah J Maas to write Catwoman YA novel (goodreads)

Mashable.com announced that a group of authors will be writing YA novels about some of our fave DC Comics characters. The one I am most excited for is Sarah J Maas' take on Catwoman. I've always loved Catwoman and cannot wait to see what spin Sarah will put on her character.

Side note - all these YA adaptions for comic book characters has made me REALLY want a Joke/Harley Quinn YA novel. Please.

cover of Glitter by Aprilynne Pike (goodreads)

This cover is immediately eye catching and reminds me of Marie Antoinette.


This novel is pitched as Breaking Bad meets Marie Antoinette so I am, obviously, hooked. I cannot wait to get my hands on it, and this cover is just the pretty wrapping on an already amazing sounding book.

Finding Fraser by K.C. Dyer (goodreads)

This book is already released but when I stumble across it (thanks, Em)  I knew I would read it. I love books that incorporate pop culture into them. This is the story of a woman who goes to Scotland in search of her own Jamie Fraser (yup, as in Outlander's Jamie Fraser). It sounds like it is going to be hilarious, and kind of  a romantic comedy. If you're a fan of Outlander you probably don't want to miss it. Look for a review sometime this summer!

TV/MOVIE

The Path

I have now watched the first episode of this show and it's amazing. The last few minutes of the pilot are chill inducing. Hugh Dancy is perfect for this role, and I am so happy to have Aaron Paul back on my TV screen. I cannot wait to see how dark and twisty this show gets. If you haven't watched it yet make sure you do!

OTHER

My Birthday

My birthday is tomorrow but I have already celebrated with my family and some of my friends. My cake was amazing and I love it so much (it was also delicious).


My actual birthday will be spent with The Walking Dead finale and wine. I am nervous and excited because Negan is making his entrance and I have been told this means bad things for Rick and the gang.

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...