Saturday, December 5, 2015

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

The cover for And I Darken by Kiersten White (goodreads)



This cover is STUNNING! And the synopsis will have you desperate to get your hands on this! The selling point for me? A female character inspired by Vlad the Impaler! Please. ALL OVER  THIS. Join me in the excruciating wait for the June 28th release.

Becoming Bonnie by Jenni L Walsh (not currently on Goodreads)

I love stories inspired by true events. I also happen to be a little obsessed with dark, tragic romances. This story that is a fictionalized account of Bonnie and Clyde immediately piqued my interest. I am not 10000% obsessed and need to read this as soon as possible.

From the Publisher's Weekly announcement it seems to focus on Bonnie's life before and during her time with Clyde Barrow and I cannot wait.
Set in the 1920s, the historical novel follows 16-year-old Bonnelyn Parker, whose life plans—to become a teacher and settle down with her longtime boyfriend Roy—are dashed after her family falls into dire financial straits. The wholesome Bonnelyn is forced to take a job at a speakeasy in Dallas, where she meets a handsome wild man named Clyde Barrow.
Oh, and it also offers up this tantalizing tease...
“tells the untold story of how Bonnelyn becomes half of the infamous Bonnie and Clyde duo.” 
If Bonnie is an active participant and not some lovestruck girl blindly following her man I will be DELIGHTED and this will be a new favourite read.

TV/MOVIE 

Netflix's Jessica Jones

A female superhero who is flawed, damaged and badass?! SIGN ME UP! Jessica is so complex and nuanced and Krysten Ritter plays her with such conviction and heart that you'll immediately be captivated by her. The female friendship is refreshing and a major focus (and allows Trish to be equally awesome and complex on her own). It's an incredibly feminist show with Jessica basically fighting against the physical embodiment of male entitlement in David Tennant's Killgrave. He's every guy who considers himself entitled to a woman's time, body, smile, or anything else. The show also refreshingly calls having sex with someone while using mind control what it is - rape. All in all this show is smart, captivating and important. More episodes, Netflix...immediately (please).

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...