Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Melissa From Raincoast's Most Anticipated of 2016


Today I have the lovely Melissa from Raincoast Books stopping by to dish on her list for Most Anticipated of 2016. There are some great sounding books on this list and a few that are own my own list for this year (looking at you, Heartless!!)
2016 Most Anticipated Titles
Hi Kathy! Thank you for inviting me back to share some of my most anticipated titles.  I have to say, 2016 is going to be an incredible year of books.  Since there’s so many wonderful books coming out (and I have trouble choosing titles at the best of times), I’ve selected 5 YA titles to keep an eye out for in 2016, as well as some highly anticipated sequels you won’t want to miss. So get ready to increase your to-read pile exponentially with these awesome 2016 reads.
YA Books to look for in 2016:
Heartless by Marissa Meyer: I know I’m not alone in anticipating this one. I will read anything that Marissa writes, and I can’t wait to see how she tackles the story of the Queen of Hearts. Knowing Marissa, she won’t disappoint!



Truthwitch by Susan Dennard:  The first book in a brand new fantasy series from the lovely Susan Dennard, this is definitely one to look for in 2016. Truthwitch has something for everyone—a wonderfully strong female friendship, tons of thrilling action and high stakes, and even a handsome love interest thrown in for good measure—you really can’t go wrong.


With Malice by Eileen Cook:  Eighteen-year-old Jill wakes up from a coma after an  accident. Or at least, that’s what she was told. Since her memory of the last few weeks is gone, she isn’t sure of exactly what happened. But what if it wasn’t an accident? Written by a fellow Vancouverite and with a super intriguing premise, I can’t wait to 
dive into With Malice in 2016.








The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood: Let me just preface this by mentioning that the author wrote her Masters thesis on Dawson’s Creek. Need I say more? A debut novel by UK author Harriet Reuter Hapgood, The Square Root of Summer features romance, time travel, and beautiful writing. Don’t miss out on this one!


Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan: There are only a couple things you need to know about this one to include it on your TBR list in 2016: it’s a reimagining of A Tale of Two Cities but with magic, and it’s written by Sarah Rees Brennan. Plus, have you seen that cover?! I can’t wait to find out what Sarah has in store for us.




Bonus: Much-anticipated sequels

The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski: I don’t know what else to say about The Winner’s Kiss other than: if you haven’t started this series already, what are you waiting for? Marie Rutkoski’s gorgeous writing and intricately detailed plot makes this series a must-read. I am beyond excited to see how she will wrap up the trilogy.



Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: It will come as no surprise to anyone in the Raincoast office, or really anyone who knows me for that matter, that this is one of my most anticipated books of 2016. Crooked Kingdom is the follow-up to Six of Crows: a masterfully written and plotted heist story with a cast of characters who will easily capture your attention—and affection—from the very beginning. I am sure that Crooked Kingdom will be no different and exceed my already high expectations.

The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May: The Vanishing Throne is the much-anticipated second book in the Falconer trilogy. With more thrilling action and suspense, not to mention romance, this is definitely one to watch out for in 2016.



Thank you to Melissa for sharing her list and I cannot wait to read so many of these! What title makes your own list? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. CROOKED KINGDOM!!!! Truthwitch and Heartless :D all on my list

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...