Monday, September 14, 2015

Raincoast Winter/Spring Blogger Preview



The lovely people at Raincoast Books recently held their annual winter/spring blogger preview and I was fortunate enough to be able to attend virtually via a special Google Hangout that they created for bloggers not in the Vancouver area.

They filled us in on a bunch of fantastic sounding releases but I am going to highlight just my top five that should be on your radar.

1 - Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (goodreads)

I feel everyone pretty much knows about this one already. The buzz it created at BEA was intense, and it's only rising! A unique twist on 'witches' and magic along with the potential for much swooning and shipping, all make this one a sure bet to be a huge release this winter.

2 - Tell The Wind And Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan (goodreads)

All I needed to be sold on this one was the description that described it as A Tale Of Two Cities with magic. The synopsis sounds amazing, the cover is stunning, and there is the potential for much heartbreak. I am eagerly anticipating getting my hands on this one.

3- Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn (goodreads)

This has been compared to the delightful movie Easy A. It sounds like this novel will have a lot to say about perception, rumours, and sex. It also is a bonus that the author is Canadian!

4- In Real Life by Jessica Love (goodreads)

A road trip to Vegas, the potential of friends turning into romance, and  the promise of DRAMA that comes along with meeting someone you met online pushed this book onto my wishlist.

5- Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker  (goodreads)

This was only mentioned in passing but it is one of my most anticipated books of 2016 so I had to include it. A girl accidentally kills the most popular boy in school, so she decides to bring him back to life! Love the sounds of this Frankenstein reimagining. 

BONUS! - The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski (goodreads)

All I am going to say about this one is if you haven't heard The Winner's Curse, and The Winner's Crime you are missing out on an amazing series. Stunning writing, heartbreaking storylines, and a swoon worthy romance have made this one series ender I cannot wait to devour.

At the end there was plenty of talk of Marissa Meyer and how #WinterIsComing as well as a bit regarding the short story collection Stars Above. There was also a brief mention of Heartless which caused me to fangirl and squeal. I cannot wait for this book.

They also gave me a sweet shout out as I had asked Melissa to provide some details about Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker. I am VERY curious about this start to a new series and was thrilled to have them mention it because I had asked.

A huge thank you to all the lovely people at Raincoast for putting on the event!

What book from the five I highlighted are you most curious about/excited for? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...