Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thankful...


It seems I missed my blogiversary. It was January 28th that I posted my first review (Lucy Christopher's Stolen) and I've been blogging for FOUR years now. It is crazy that I've been doing this for that long already.

I've reflected back on the last four years and the overwhelming feeling I have is one of being thankful. I am incredibly thankful that I get to be part of this amazing community of amazing bookish people and for all the experiences and friendships I have because of book blogging. So many bloggers inspire me all the time and to them I am forever thankful for making me want to strive to be better. For challenging me and providing a (mostly) positive space to spare my book obsession. You all are truly amazing.

I met the amazing ladies who make up the Ottawa Blogettes because of blogging. Emilie, Jess, Katie, Ciara, Kim, Meaghan and (honourary memeber) Katherine - you all are smart, lovely, amazing women and I am so happy that I get to call each of you a friend. You've gotten me to read books I never would picked up without your urging and I love our chats. Thank you for EVERYTHING.

I am thankful that I met Christy (from The Reader Bee) and Kelly (from Kellyvision). You both let me vent, freak out with me, and just generally get me. I wish both of you lived closer to me than you do because it is unfair we do not get to have wine drinking nights together. I  heart both of you and am so, so, so, so thankful blogging brought us together. Thank you is not enough.

I've worked with amazing publishers who never cease to surprise me with their generosity, passion and thoughtfulness. Words cannot express how thankful I am to all of them. Getting to know them is a wonderful perk of blogging and one that will never stop surprising and amazing me.

Suman and Kaiti - you two lovelies are incredible and I thank you for SO much that has been the last four incredible years.

Part of what makes blogging so incredible is the experiences it's opened me up to. Because of blogging I've gone to Book Expo America. I've gotten to be surrounded by people who love and adore books as much as I do. I got to experience what is essentially a book lover's heaven. I've been fortunate to meet some incredible authors and some of my most favourites. One of my favourite memories of the last four years is getting the chance to talk to Jodi Lynn Anderson at a BEA party. I adore her and her books and the fact that I got to express my love for Tiger Lily to her in person is still mind blowing to me. I will be forever thankful to blogging (and the publishers) who made it happen.

I've also gotten to work with some supportive, kind and amazing authors. Especially Katherine Longshore, Dawn Ius, Kim Liggett who have been way more incredible than I could have ever imagined. I cannot wait to meet each of you and flail in person over your amazingness! Each of them has trusted my blog in some way or another and I am forever thankful for that trust.

I am excited to continue this blogging journey and hope to implement a few new fun things in the near future on the blog! My last thank you (at least for this post) is to YOU! The person reading this. It still humbles me that anyone would bother reading what I think about books. Each and every one of you make me smile daily and I hope to encourage more interaction as I would very much like to get to know you all as well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS! *HUGS*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...