Saturday, April 26, 2014

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week Lots of pretty covers!

BOOK

Cover of Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios (goodreads)


Love this cover. So pretty right? Totally love it. It's soft, and pretty and that bracelet on her wrist ties in with the synopsis perfectly. I've noticed books about jinn (genies) are becoming a new thing with a lot of them expected to be released in the next little bit.This one sounds amazing, and also deals with human trafficking. Cannot wait to pick this one up while at Book Expo America.

Cover and title of the third Raven Cycle novel (goodreads)


The title of the third Raven Cycle series is Blue Lily, Lily Blue. I love it, and the cover. I think it's my favourite of the three covers.

MOVIE

Sisterhood Everlasting movie news

I loved the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. LOVED. The last book, Sisterhood Everlasting, was heartbreaking, beautiful, and I've totally wanted them to make it into a movie since I finished reading it. According to Entertainment Weekly, I am going to get my wish. It's apparently 'in development' and I hope it happens quickly. The original cast, especially the girls, have to return. Otherwise it won't feel the same. They are the right age, and were so perfectly cast. I look forward to more information, and hopefully casting details are next!

OTHER

Book Expo America autographing schedule

Part one of the autographing schedule at BEA was unveiled. The in booth signings are still to come, but what we do have is pretty awesome already. Plenty of amazing signings that have left my head spinning with how lucky I am to attend. My nieces (one in particular) has recently gotten addicted to Goosebumps books. R.L. Stine is going to be signing one, and I going to cement my Coolest Aunt Ever status by getting them one!

Authors I am excited to meet for myself? The list is SO long but includes - Rebecca Serle, Josephine Angelini, Morgan Matson, Chelsey Philpot, and Danielle Paige. These are without the in booth list being unveiled and are just a small sample. Is it May yet?!


2 comments:

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...