Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My 2013 Book Survey!


We're almost at the end of 2013. Every year Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner creates an awesome end of the year quiz. Be sure to check out her answers and visit her site. She's awesome, and you probably already know that, but if not, check her out!

Here are my answer for this year's quiz..........


Best in Books 2013

1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)

Whoa. This is a hard one. I love too many. How about I just link you to my Top Ten Books of 2013? I can not narrow it down more than that.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

I think The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahaney. I had high hopes, and it didn't quite meet them.

 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013? 

Hmmm. Most surprising YA novel was Allegiant. I wasn't expecting that ending.
Most surprising Adult novel was Tampa. I didn't know what to expect, and I certainly got more than I bargained for. 
 
 4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
  
Either Tarnish by Katherine Longshore, or Vicious by V.E. Schwab. Both are excellent and worth the read.

 5. Best series you discovered in 2013?

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon, or Pawn by Aimee Carter. Both are excellent starts to new series. 

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?

Alissa Nutting, or Marisha Pessl.

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

Tampa. It's THE definition of uncomfortable, but so well written. (Tampa is an adult novel. VERY adult.)

 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?

Vicious by V.E. Schwab

 9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

Just One Year by Gayle Forman, and Tarnish by Katherine Longshore

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?

Cress by Marissa Meyer. Love every single bit of this cover.

11. Most memorable character in 2013? 

Celeste from Tampa by Alissa Nutting, and Anne Boleyn from Katherine Longshore's Tarnish.

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?

All The Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013? 

Hmm. maybe Just One Year by Gayle Forman. It, and Just One Day, really spoke to me.

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?

Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013? 

Too many to list. I can't choose just one.

 16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

Longest book at 602 pages is Night Film by Marisha Pessl
Shortest book at 50 pages is Glitter and Doom by Bethany Griffin (I am guessing enovellas count)

 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!

A whole bunch. The Dream Thieves, Vicious, and Tampa all come to mind.

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).

Blue and her Raven Boys from The Dream Thieves. Also, Victor and Eli from Vicious. 

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Tarnish by Katherine Longshore

20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:

I only read Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein because of Jessica at Read My Breath Away. (Thanks, Jess!)

21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?

I think mine was pretty mixed this year.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?

Willem from Just One Year.

23. Best 2013 debut you read?

Tampa by Alissa Nutting (for the writing) and The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd for the potential in that series.

24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?

The world created in Vicious

25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?

Cress by Marissa Meyer. SO MUCH FUN!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?

Code Name Verity. Ugly crying (Kiss me, Hardy. Kiss me quick)

27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?

Tarnish by Katherine Longshore

Book Blogging Life 2013

1. Favorite review that you wrote in 2013? 

My review of Tarnish.

2. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?

Kelly, from KellyVision, did a post about spoilers, and when it was acceptable to talk about them. It also brought up the idea of avoiding spoilers, and when it becomes the responibility of the person trying to avoid them.
 
3. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

Every year I say the same thing, but it's always true. Book Expo America. I love getting to see bloggers I normally don't get to hang out with. It's a week long book party, and I love every moment.

4. Best moment of book blogging/your book life in 2013?

Hanging out with everyone at BEA. SO MUCH FUN!

5. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

My review of Tarnish.
6. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

The 50 Book Pledge site by Harper Collins/Savvy Reader Canada. LOVE IT!

7.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Only my Goodreads challenge to read 120 books (which I accomplished).

Looking Ahead 2014

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?

Um, probably Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?

Brazen by Katherine Longshore, or The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher

3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

Either Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige, or The Merciless by Danielle Vega.

 4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin or Cassandra Clare's City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments)

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?

I say this EVERY year, but commenting more. I am horrible. I promise to do better.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...