Saturday, June 8, 2013

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS


Suzanne Collins Writing New Teen Series

At Book Expo America 2013 Suzanne Collins announced that she'll be writing a new teen series. Super excited for more details. Hypable has a fantastic write up with details that have been released if you are looking for more information.

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

Finished this recently and loved it. I will save most of gushing for my review, but suffice to say, it's brilliant. Smart, complex and her world building left me breathless. I NEED book two immediately. I think this is going to by a mighty popular series come August when it's officially released. So thankful to be an advocate of this amazing book/series.

MOVIE

Now You See Me

I got to see this while in NYC for Book Expo and LOVED it. It's fun, and completely what a summer movie should be. It's entertaining and doesn't take itself seriously. Jesse Eisenburg and Mark Ruffalo's interigation scene is PERFECT and totally my favourite. Also, those of you already crushing on Dave Franco...you'll walk way with a summer obsession.

TV

Summer TV

I am always sad to see my Fall TV faves end. However, I am getting super excited about the shows that will be back this summer. The Killing, Dexter, and True Blood all start (or recently started) and I am very much looking forward to them. True Blood was a bit of a disappointment last season but I am hopeful that this season will be better (plus I can never say no to watching Ryan Kwanten). I have high expectations for the final season of Dexter. The Killing is a smart, slowly paced (meaning VERY realistic) crime drama and I personally loved the first two season. I can't wait to see what case Linden and Holder will be working on this time.

So what are you obsessed with this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm headed on a trip so I have been obsessed with...packing? :/ Actually, I finally got around to starting Lauren Kate's Fallen series, and have enjoyed that so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new series by Suzanne Collins??? I can't wait! I'm hoping to get caught up on OUaT this summer. I'm still behind on everything!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...