Saturday, March 23, 2013

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

I immediately read this upon it's release. It was everything I hoped it would be. Humourous, heartbreaking, and bittersweet. As sad as I am to say goodbye, I can not think of a more perfect ending to this story.

Night Film by Marisha Pessl


I can't even express how excited I am for this. Now that the cover has been officially released, it's making me even more excited. The marketing aspect of using twitter hash tags has become popular and this novel's use of #WhoIsCordova has me intrigued. More details can be found on the official website.

TV

Bates Motel

Creepy. Intense. Gripping. The pilot episode was both not what I was expecting, and yet so much more. Freddie Highmore is perfectly cast as a young Norman Bates, and Vera Farmiga is delightfully unsettling as his mother. There are just a few little glimpses of the Norman Bates we know from Psycho, and with just one episode I am officially invested.

OTHER

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries DVD Release/Kickstarter campaign

If you haven't watched The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, please DO SO IMMEDIATELY. You can start from the beginning easily on the official website. The DVD release was announced and with it a Kickstarter campaign. The goal has already been met, and I am still deciding what amount to pledge myself, but I think it's a fun way for fans for get involved.

So what are you obsessed with this week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently halfway through Clockwork Princess right now - my preorder finally arrived yesterday. I'm trying to savor it! Also, yes on Bates Motel! I'm soooo glad we recently got DirecTV so I can DVR all the things now. Delightfully creepy indeed and I totally agree on the casting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...