Saturday, March 30, 2013

Female Characters Week.....Zareen Guest Post


Today I have Zareen stopping by with a list of her favourite female characters. Be sure to comment with some of your favourites.

You can follow Zareen on Twitter and of course her blog.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there! For those of you who don't know me, I'm Zareen, and as part of Kathy's effort to bring attention to female characters, I'm going to take some time to share five of my favorite fictional girls.

1. Lucero-Elisa de Riqueza ~ Fire And Thorns series by Rae Carson


In the simplest of terms, Elisa is a fighter. Described as overweight in the first book, she finds herself in the shadow of her attractive older sister, also the future queen of Elisa's home. She may be a princess, but Elisa's life is no fairytale. She doesn't stay out of the spotlight forever, though; Elisa is destined for greatness, and she accepts the challenge head on. Her character grows so much throughout the series, battling both internal and external conflicts that serve to strengthen her already tenacious personality.

2. Juliette Ferrars ~ Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi


Juliette is the epitome of characters with potential. Though initially extremely reserved after being alone for so long, once she comes to terms with who she is, there is no stopping her. In terms of character growth, Juliette moves slowly but steadily, and even though she can get on your last nerve, it's impossible to not feel sympathy after all she has been through.

3. Alexandria "Alex" Andros ~ Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Miss Andros here is, to put it bluntly, a badass. I love that she doesn't necessarily need a man to fight her battles because she's a skilled fighter herself. She's rash and reckless, makes stupid decisions, and can't keep her mouth shut, but who doesn't love a good troublemaker?

4. Mia Price ~ Struck by Jennifer Bosworth


Mia Price faces all sorts of difficulties. She's got a crumbling family situation, is supposed to save the world someday, and to top it off, happens to be a lightning addict. Despite the fact that she doesn't always make the right choices, Mia never backs down, and I continue to admire the strength of her resolve to do what's best for the people she cares about.

5. Gabriella "Gabi" Betarrini ~ River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren 


Gabriella is the only girl out of my five who isn't endowed with some sort of "gift", supernatural or otherwise, but she has the exact same spirit as the rest. She's bold, courageous, and selfless in the face of danger. She also has a big heart, and I adore that she is so invested in the happiness of her family aside from her own.

And there you have it! If you're not familiar with some or any of these books, I highly recommend all of them!

Last but certainly not least, a huge thank you to Kathy for letting me participate in this fabulous event. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...