Friday, August 3, 2012

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I was extremely fortune to be able to read an advance reader copy of this. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Without giving my whole review away, all I will say is the mythology is explored, questions are answered, more questions surface and Noah Shaw literally made me squeal. Michelle has amped up the sexy in this one. Oh and the ending? Just as deliciously torturous as The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer's ending was. Full review and other awesomeness to come in October.

The Diviners by Libba Bray trailer



Creepy doesn't even begin to describe this trailer. I am so excited to read this book. I love anything set in the 1920s and it just sounds awesome.

MOVIE

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower trailer



I can't believe I had not watched this until this week. I have watched it a whole bunch of times, and I laugh every single time Patrick does the "Be Aggressive! Passive Aggressive!" cheer, and the whole "below average" reaction to his grade - HILARIOUS. The quote "we accept the love we think we deserve" is such a twistedly beautiful quote (and sadly, often true). I am going to read this book before the movie comes out. Ezra Miller (who plays Patrick) was fantastic in We Need To Talk About Kevin and Emma Watson is adorable so I am hopeful this will be really good.

So what you are obsessed with this week?

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I didn't realise I could envy (HATE HATE HATE... okay, not really, but FICTIONAL HATE) you more than I already did

    KATHY. OMG. MARA. NOAH. ARSGJDFVBSHJKFCHB!!!!!!!!! Michelle amped up the sexy? Is that even possible? Noah made you SQUEAL?! Oh hell. Oh HELL. And this ending... crap, I need to prepare myself, no doubt.

    I NEED OCTOBER TO COME NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!! So effing excited to read your review!

    Really eager for The Diviners too, I loved Beauty Queens and Going Bovine by Libba. I haven't read Wallflower either, but I watched the trailer when it came out and I definitely want to see the movie!

    ALSO: MARA DYER!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...