Saturday, March 24, 2012

What I Love This Week...

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOK

Cassandra Clare book news

You may have heard that Cassandra Clare sold a new trilogy of books. These will take place AFTER her Mortal Instruments series and in LA. While the Mortal Instruments series takes place in the 1990's these will be current date. I am excited to see what happens to everyone who is still alive at the end of Mortal Instruments as they will have brief cameos, mentions, etc. As always I hope Magnus Bane is in them. LOVE him. The title of this series is The Dark Artifices with the first book being released in 2015.

MOVIE

The Hunger Games

The only word that comes to mind is AMAZING. I thought the entire cast did a fantastic job. Jennifer Lawrence was PERFECT as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson  was wonderfully sweet as Peeta, Liam Hemsworth was great as Gale. I loved Lenny Kravitz as Cinna SO MUCH. Donald Sutherland is going to make a chilling President Snow for the later books, and Stanley Tucci was amazing as Ceaser Flickman.Obviously, the books are better (they always are) but as far as adaptations go - they got it right. The little changes they made were not a big deal (to me anyways). I cried, I gasped, and was fully entertained the entire time. I can't wait to see this movie again. My only question is - Who is going to be playing that hottie Finnick Odair in Catching Fire?!

Snow White and the Huntsmen Trailer # 2



I want to see this movie NOW!!!!! This looks amazing, and visually stunning.

Charlize Theron is perfect as the Evil Queen. The way she says "Let them come" at the end gives me shivers. I was sceptical of the casting of Kristen Stewart, but Charlize has won me over and I will see this.

I also love how Charlize delivers these killer lines -
"Lips red as blood, hair black as night. Bring me your heart, my dear, dear Snow White.”
Seriously chilling, and I have a feeling this is going to be one of the top movies of the summer.

TV

Once Upon A Time - Alice in Wonderland episode



This promo looks amazing. I have a feeling Sebastian Stan's Mad Hatter is going to impress. He looks creepy and definitely unbalanced. I love this show so much, if you're not watching it you should be!

What are you obsessed with this week?

2 comments:

  1. Two words: JENNIFER LAWRENCE. I think that sums up my reaction to The Hunger Games. That girl is beyond amazing. The rest of the cast were brilliant, but Jennifer just SHINES. Ahhhh I'm slightly nervous about Finnick casting, but really, they've nailed everyone else, so we likely won't have to worry.

    So, so, so freaking excited to see SWATH, it looks incredible!

    And eeee! Once Upon A Time! Tomorrow! Can't wait to see how they pull this one off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for Snow White and the Huntsman! I first saw a trailer for it yesterday, and I think it'll be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...