Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday...Black City

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Black City by Elizabeth Richards


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection, that causes Ash’s long dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong. When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.
This has a slight Romeo and Juliet sound to it. I love the idea of humans and "Darklings" and the whole war between the two sides. It sounds like the Darklings might be sort of like vampires which is awesome. I am super excited for this one and I can't wait for November.

Expected release date - November 13, 2012

9 comments:

  1. this does sound like it might be a unique entry in the paranormal genre...too bad you have to wait till November :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a million times yes! :-) I've been pining for this book ever since the cover and excerpt reveal! It really stinks that we have to wait until NOVEMBER, but hey, all good things are worth waiting for, right? :-)

    Great pick! Thanks for stopping by BlookGirl earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cover! The book sounds fantastic, I can't wait either. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I'm really looking forward to this one, too. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the starcrossed lovers angle for this one. It does sound kind of R&J. Plus, I'm totally curious about the Darklings -- I want to find out more about them already! Great pick, Kathy :)

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. We picked the same novel for our WoWs. You're right about the Romeo and Juliet feeling too. Great observation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEEEEEEEE SO EXCITED FOR THIS! The cover and syonpsis alone scream AMAZING, but then add the chapter preview to that and.... gah. It sounds incredible. I cannot effing wait to hold this in my hands!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...