Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Release Advance Buzz!

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and flowers will soon be in bloom. I love nothing more than preparing for the summer and reading indoors on the rainy spring days.

This spring there are some amazing titles to assist you with those rainy afternoons, or maybe those days at the beach if you read them later this summer!

I have read a couple of books that really impressed me so I am going to highlight them here (because you know I haven't told everyone to read them already).

Here are my Buzz Worthy selections for the Spring/Summer 2012 season -

1. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin


What’s it about?

A plague, a crumbling society, a debauchery club, a girl looking to forget, some seriously hot guys, and it's all based on the tale by Edgar Allen Poe.

Why I found it Buzz Worthy

The writing is amazing. Bethany is insanely talented. Her story pulled me in immediately. The world she has created, the characters, and feeling you are left with all add up to a book you'll be dying to get your hands on.

It also doesn't hurt that I adored Will. He's my current book boyfriend. LOVE him!

Release date April 24, 2011

2. Gilt by Katherine Longshore



What’s it about?

This novel is filled with Tudor court intrigue. You may know how Catherine Howard's story ends, but this novel provides a unique point of view - her friend Kitty Tylney. It deals with friendship, loyalty, trust, and betrayal.

Why I found it Buzz Worthy

As someone with a huge interest in Tudor history, especially King Henry and his wives, I was drawn into the story right away. It's all in the way Katherine Longshore gets you to that inevitable ending Catherine Howard meets and she does it brilliantly. The novel focuses a lot on friendship and will be intriguing for anyone regardless of historical element.

Release date May 15, 2012

Two titles that I think worthy of adding to your reading list. I also happen to have special events coming up for both of these titles closer to the release date!

1 comment:

  1. The sun is shining, Kathy says, while Brodie sit huddled in warm clothes to combat the onslaught of coldness :P Agh, bring me your spring! Autumn here and it feels suspiciously like winter might be coming early. But regardless of the season, I know I'll enjoy this books just as much!

    DYING to read Masque of the Red Death! So, so jealous you've read it already! But I trust your taste, so I'm already drooling over Will! And Gilt sounds amazing too. I know how excited you were for this one, so I'm really happy it met your expectations. I can't wait to see the events you have planned for both these books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...