Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blogger Hops!


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:

Q: Have you ever looked at book's cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.

Hmmm....I try to not judge a book by it's cover. Sure, I drool over pretty cover and they have made me want to find out more about a book, but it's the synopsis that hooks me.

The only covers I can recall having a reaction to that was severely negative recently are the new covers for the Curse Workers series by Holly Black. I don't think they fit the story at all. The books are so wonderful that I would hate for the covers to prevent someone from reading them.


TGIF at GReads! is a weekly blog hop hosted by Ginger from GReads

This weeks question is

Q Is there a particular author you wish got more recognition? Pick one author & tell us why we should read their work.

Tabitha Suzuma. Her novel Forbidden is especially one I wish people would read. The subject matter may be a little off putting for some, but it's so wonderfully written. I love that her words make you feel and stay with you long after you've finished the book.

Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Hopping through. Everyone raves about Forbidden. I really need to read it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would have shared the cover in the post, I would have known about it..but thanks for sharing.. I will check it in Goodreads.

    A new follower! Here is my Feature & Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *nods* I usually try not to judge a book by its cover!

    - New follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there :) just hopping through.

    I try not to but... I do judge.

    I'm also your newest follower :) Here is my choice...

    My Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love LOVE the cover for White Cat, I'm a major lover of kitties and a sexy man holding one was too much for me to resist. Unfortunately, the story didn't hold my attention and I never finished it. Old follower :)
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...