Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday...Arise

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Arise by Tara Hudson


Here is the Goodreads synopsis

Amelia—still caught between life and death—must fight for every moment of her relationship with the human boy Joshua. They can hardly even kiss without Amelia accidentally dematerializing. Looking for answers, they go to visit some of Joshua’s Seer relatives in New Orleans. But even in a city so famously steeped in the supernatural, Amelia ends up with more questions than answers…and becomes increasingly convinced that she and Joshua can never have a future together.Wandering through the French Quarter, Amelia meets other in-between ghosts, and begins to seriously consider joining them. And then she meets Gabrielle. Somehow, against impossible odds, Gaby has found a way to live a sort of half-life...a half-life for which Amelia would pay any price. Torn between two worlds, Amelia must choose carefully, before the evil spirits of the netherworld choose for her.
I loved the first book. I especially enjoyed Amelia and can't wait to jump back into her story and see what happens next.

Expected release date - June 5, 2012

9 comments:

  1. i've never read the first book in this series..but this cover is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to find out what happens next. Thanks for sharing.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great when you love a character and can follow them from book to book. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying to read this soooo much! Awesome pick, Kathy! :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hereafter was definitely a great read and, like you, I can't wait to find out what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHHH I SOOOOOO WANT THIS BOOK!
    Following you as WTF Are You Reading?
    My WOW:
    http://wtfareyoureading.blogspot.com/2012/02/just-sittin-here-waitin-on-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Hereafter, but I heard it's great! Hopefully this one is too! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover for Arise is sooo pretty! I absolutely adored Hereafter, so I'm very eager to see what Tara has in store for us next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH! I am dying for this book! I really, really hope I manage to get an ARC for it, but I'm not holding my breath waiting. lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...