Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's themed interview with Kathleen Peacock


I have asked some authors to answer my Valentine's themed questionnaire. The lovely Kathleen Peacock, whose novel Hemlock will be released May 8, was kind enough to answer.

She's told me some of her selections are not appropriate for younger audiences, so please use your discretion if you chose to look them up!

You can learn more about her and her book by visiting her website. Her novel Hemlock can be added on Goodreads and it sounds amazing!

1 Top 5 Couples from Literature

Bridget Jones and Mark Darcy, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe, Anne of Green Gables
Westley and Buttercup, The Princess Bride
Cameron and Dulcie, Going Bovine
Cordelia and Pocket, Fool

2. Top 5 Couples from other media (TV, movies, etc)

Alice and Hatter, Alice(SyFy miniseries)
Keith and Watts, Some Kind of Wonderful(movie)
Jim and Selena, 28 Days Later(movie)
The Doctor (9 or 10) and Rose, Doctor Who(television series)
Han and Leia, Star Wars(movie)

3. Top 5 romantic movies

When Harry Met Sally
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind(well, I find it romantic)
Say Anything
The Goodbye Girl(1977 original)
The Holiday

4 Top 5 love triangles (literature/movies/TV/other media)

Victor, Elizabeth, and Konrad, This Dark Endeavour (book)
Peta, Katniss, Gale, The Hunger Games (book)
Keith, Amanda, Watts, Some Kind of Wonderful (movie)
Yuki, Tohru, Kyo, Fruits Basket (anime, not manga)
Mark, Bridget, Daniel, Bridget Jones (first movie only)

6 Top 5 romantic cities

I haven’t travelled farther than Maine, so will take a pass on this one.

7 Top 5 romantic book

The Princess Bride
Stardust
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
The Fault in Our Stars (THOUGH IT WILL CRUSH YOUR SOUL!)
Incarnate

4 comments:

  1. Haha well Maine is pretty... cool!? No?! I <3 Kathleen and I just finished Hemlock and I can say it's fabulous!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to so many of these! But especially to Cameron & Dulcie, The Doctor and Rose, and TFiOS. That book should really come with a warning. And tissues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH YES. TFIOS. "Though it will crush your soul" - you nailed that, Kathleen. I still feel empty inside *sobs*

    And I am totally Team Peeta! PFF. Gale. *snort* Super excited to read Incarnate soon and of course, the amazing Hemlock!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Kathleen included Fruits Basket in her Top 5 love triangles selection :)
    Some amazing picks I see here! Can't wait to read Hemlock!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...