Thursday, February 2, 2012

Friday Hops!



Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:


Q: Define what characteristics your favorite books share. Do they all have a kickass heroine or is the hot love interest the Alpha Male?

I love all sorts of characters and books. Sometimes it's the hot bad boy (Hi Noah Shaw), and sometimes it's the amazing female character (Lola, I mean YOU) and sometimes it's just the story touches you. There isn't one thing, it's about it all working together and the story pulling you in.


TGIF at GReads! is a weekly blog hop hosted by Ginger from GReads

When you're browsing goodreads, the library, or another blogger's reviews, what grabs your attention to make you want to read it?

I tend to fall for the cover of a book first. I am a sucker for a pretty cover. However, if the synopsis doesn't grab me right away that pretty cover isn't going to matter much. I also trust the opinions of my fellow blogger friends and have picked up books because of them.

Happy weekend and Happy reading!

9 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I love covers but the synopsis is usually what gets me. That or good reviews.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covers and bad boys - me too! New follower :)
    My Friday hops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely when a story pulls you in and doesn't' want to let go, a book has done it's job :)

    The Muggle
    -If you have a moment please nominate your favorite cover here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi: I'm pretty eclectic too - see my post at http://yearofreadingmybooks.wordpress.com/2012/02/04/bullies-priories-poles-and-following-whipple-pilch-and-klute/ Happy reading, ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answer about how everything works together to pull you into the story. New follower! Happy reading :)

    Check out my FF... http://www.reading-kelly.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answer! I'm all about having the story pulling me in, but a good love interest and a strong heroine also helps! New follower!

    http://eileenlisblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kick ass heroines for me, all the way!
    Just hopping here, if you want to you can visit me at http://3500wordsperpound.blogspot.com
    Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, LOVE Noah Shaw! Enough said. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...