Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Favourite Literary Couples!


Happy Valentine's Day! On this day of romance and love I thought I would share my favourite literary couples. Those couples that seemed destined to be together and made us all swoon. There are tons of couples I adore but since their story is just beginning they will get an honourable mention at the bottom.

1. Mr Darcy and Elizabeth (Pride and Prejudice)

A classic choice that never ceases to make me happy. I love how the relationship grows and they each learn about themselves and each other along the way.

2. Hermoine and Ron (Harry Potter series)

My favourite part of this couple is the fact that they were such good friends first. They grew into the young adults they would become together. They saw each other through some terrifying and amazing times.

3. Anna and Etienne (Anna and the French Kiss)

The pace in which this relationship evolves is perfect. It's neither too fast nor too slow. I like that they are there for each other, and really had a strong friendship first.

4. Lola and Cricket (Lola and the Boy Next Door)

Nothing like the boy next door and romance. Cricket and Lola were friends prior to getting together which is what great relationships start out as. I really like they are willing to forgive each other, and allow the other person to be exactly who they are.

5. Clare  and Henry (The Time Traveler’s Wife)

Their relationship is complicated, tragic and filled with passion. It's the kind of relationship that you would be willing to wait for. It's clear how much they love each other, even against incredible circumstances.

6. Katniss and Peeta (The Hunger Games series)

Right from the moment I heard the story of the burnt bread and Peeta's love for Katniss I knew I wanted them to be together. He balances Katniss in ways that make them stronger together as a couple. Everything they go through together strengthens their bond.

7. Romeo and Juliet (William Shakespeare's play)

There is something timeless about this love. They have managed to become linked with star-crossed lovers for all of history. I admit it's less than romantic that they die for their love, however the whole "love at first sight" thing is pretty romantic.

HONOURABLE MENTIONS -

These couples have lots of spark, passion and are just getting started. Will they last for the long haul? Who knows (except the author of course), but it'll be delicious and fun reading about them.

1 Mara and Noah (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer)
2. Finn and Cate (Born Wicked)
3 Tris and Four (Divergent)
4 Will and Tessa (Infernal Devices series)
5 Alec and Magnus (Mortal Instruments series)

So there you have it, some of my favourite couples. Who would make your list? Let me know in the comments.

This is the end of the Valentine's event. Don't forget to enter the giveaway to win any novel mentioned in this event.

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you on these, Kathy! (So glad you included Ron and Hermione). I adore Lucy and George from A Room with a View (possibly my most favorite romance ever) and I just finished The Sky is Everywhere, so I'd have to add Lennie and Joe, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your list! Especially since you included Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth! I'm definitely going to have to start Born Wicked soon so I can see what's up with Finn and Cate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your couples, can't wait to read some of them but the others are melting my heart just thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes yes to Alec and Magnus! I totally forgot about them for my list, but they are positively wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...