Monday, August 15, 2011
My Bucket List - Book Blogger Style
I saw a post from the very creative Audrey at Holes In My Brain. She had listed the things she would like to do (or experience, etc) during her book blogging life. I thought it was an amazing, fun, and unique thing to do. I want to complete my list and will be working towards it for sure!
Thanks again Audrey for the idea.
Here is my list:
1. Annotate and scribble and highlight a book I really loved and send it to the author. I’d mark my favourite quotes. Parts that made me cry and laugh and smile and ache. *this was such an awesome idea I had to borrow it*
2. Send a little thank you gift to a fellow blogger who has helped me (or otherwise made an impact).
3. Leave a note in a book at a bookstore detailing how much I loved the book for the person who purchases it to find. *again, awesome idea Audrey*
4. Browse bookstores, have dinner, drink wine and talk books with a fellow blogger.
5. Obtain some sort of bookcase that will fit all my books and protect them from my cat (she likes to eat books). One I could decorate would be a bonus.
6. Send a book on a “book tour” with some papers inside so that the people who receive it can write something before they pass it along. Eventually I will get the book back with all these notes.
7. Take a tour of a Publishing office
8. Send a thank you basket to a publisher contact for all the awesomeness they do for us bloggers.
9. Have a meet up for Ottawa book bloggers, so we can meet each other *if there are enough of us*
10. Take a book that is set in a real life location and photograph some of the places mentioned in the book (with the book in it of course).
11. Have a birthday cake themed after a book that I love
I may add things if I come up with more. I will, of course, post blogs if I complete one (with photo or video proof). If you make one as well please leave it in the comments and I will be sure to check it out.