Monday, July 4, 2011

Best of 2011 so far....

We are officially half way done 2011. I thought I would share a list of my ten favourite reads so far. I am going to do the same at the end of the year, and in early 2012 do a favourite reads of 2011....it'll be interesting to see how many of these make that final list.

These are are in no particular order. The release date wasn't looked at for this. I simply looked at the 50 books on my read list and selected from there.

1. City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare

This is one of my favourit series. I love Cassandra Clare's writing style and this novel set up the next 2 in the series perfectly. Read my review here.

2. The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

This is Aimee's debut novel. I was sucked into this world she has created. Henry made me fall in love, and Kate has earned a place on my awesome female protaganist list. See the review here.

3. Wither by Lauren DeStefano

An eerie dystopian future that seemed scarily possible. The dynamic between the characters, and the writing itself are all stand outs. Read the review here.

4. Die For Me by Amy Plum

A unique paranormal aspect, a swoon worthy guy, and one of the more smart heroines in YA made this a favourite of mine. Read the review here.

5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

So much of this plot is super secret. It really would spoil it to give anything away. Simply put - Mara is awesome, Noah Shaw is the ultimate book crush, and the end twist floored me. I am so glad Mara's story is just getting started. Review to come in September..as I said, it's super secret!

6. Forbidden by Tabithia Suzuma

This story grabbed my heart, held on and didn't let go. It left me in tears, and is one of the most beautifully written novels I've read. Read my review here.

7. Divergent by Veronia Roth

The action, the romance, and the world Veronica has created all suck you in. I am so glad that this is just the beginning for Tris and the sexy and dangerous Four. Read my full review here.

8. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

The cutest, most sigh inducing novel I've read so far this year. Stephanie captures that "Does he like me?" deliema perfectly. Plus it has Etienne St Clair. Read the review here.

9. Stolen by Lucy Christopher

My first review. I still haven't shaken this book. It stays with you and haunts you. It's beautifully written and the landscape is so perfectly described that it almost becomes a character itself. Read the review here.

10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

I never thought I would be greateful to the guys who broke my heart...until I read this book. It made me so happy I could experience love in all it's forms..a message I still haven't forgotten. Read the review here.

The Iron Fey series came close to making the list but I couldn't just pick ONE of them to put on here.

I have read some amazing books so far this year and am looking forward to the ones to come. I can't believe this year is half over already!

3 comments:

  1. I SO can't believe it's half over either!!! I've only read 5 of your 10, but the other 5 are on my TBR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list of books! I loved Anna and the French Kiss, Die for Me and The Goddess Test! There are still quite a few on your list I need to read. I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so, so, SO jealous you've read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! You lucky girl, you!! I just want to know what it's ABOUT. But oh my, what an incredible list. I agree with every single novel you've listed, with the exception of Mara Dyer, COFA and Forbidden because I have yet to read them yet. But they are high on my wishlist! All the others - absolutely amazing. Love your list!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...