Monday, May 30, 2011

Book Expo America - Day 1




I was recently able to attend Book Expo America. It was my first time attending an event such as this. The whole experience was amazing, overwhelming, and so much fun. I can't wait to go back next year. I am going to split my posts into 3 - one for each day I was there.

I arrived into New York City on the Sunday. Monday there wasn't a whole lot going on at BEA so we got our passes early and took a look around. Tuesday is when it officially started.

The first thing I noticed was how BIG the Javits Center is. It's huge and there was a lot of construction going on at the time.

We lined up to be allowed into the exhibit hall (with a whole lot of other people). I was super excited already and couldn't wait to get in. I loved being able to chat with people while in line. I met quite a few fellow book lovers and I have to say that was one of the highlights.

I immediately lost my friends in the crowd and ended wandering around by myself for awhile. We didn't pick a meeting spot so luckily they knew where I would be at 11 am so they met up with me there. I highly recommend picking a meeting spot as it is very easy to lose your group.

My first book at BEA was Variant. I made sure to remember because it was the FIRST book I got.

My first autograph session was for Fateful.

One of the things that made me squeal and super excited was seeing the cover of Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter. The cover is so gorgeous. I want to read this book NOW!



I ended up going to the BEA YA Buzz panel. They highlighted a few books: Daughter of Smoke and Bone, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Carrier of the Mark, Au Revoir Crazy European Chick, and Down the Mysterly River.

I really enjoyed the panel. It was fun, informative and I was really looking forward to hearing more about The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I left wanting a few of the books.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was one of my "Must Gets" at BEA and I knew that they would have a few ARCs available at this panel. I was lucky enough to snag one. Michelle Hodkin happened to be sitting right behind me during the panel so I was able to get her to sign it. Michelle is so sweet, funny and I was excited to have met her. She wrote the cutest thing in my book -



I devoured MARA on my long bus ride home and I LOVE it. It's amazing. I can't wait to review it.

The books I got on day one are -

The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen
Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
Fateful by Claudia Gray
The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Variant by Robison Wells
Pure by Julianna Baggott
Between by Jessica Warman
The Predicteds by Christine Seifert
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison

I left Day 1 with a bunch of books, very tired and eager to start again tomorrow morning!

5 comments:

  1. Wow - sounds great so far Kathy! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Enjoy all your awesome reads. I can't wait to see what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO jealous! Like you have NO idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you were at BEA! I didn't even know. I love the cover for Goddess Interrupted - I hadn't even seen that until now! dfkhf there are some books there on that list... aha, one year I'll go ;) I love reading these BEA posts - I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...