Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday...

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week I actually saw first on The Bucket List blog. Thank you to them for bringing it to my attention!

My pick this week is Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay.


Here is the GoodReads synopsis

The most tragic love story in history . . . Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.

I LOVE Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. It's one of my favourite Shakespeare plays (along with Macbeth). I love that this novel is going to twist the story on it's head. The premise sounds very interesting and could be quite unique. The cover is also very pretty. I can't wait until September 13, 2011 when this is scheduled to be released!

8 comments:

  1. Always interested in retellings! This one is on my library list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. She made up new story about Romeo and Juliet. Cool.
    It sounds interesting.

    It's All About Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost picked this for my Wow this week too! (It was a hard decision this week. lol) This book sounds really awesome. I love Romeo and Juliet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent pick! Sounds like quite the twist on the original tale. Fun! :)

    My WoW pick is Exile by Anne Osterlund.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pick!! I have added this to my list it seems like it will be a good one!! I am a new follower as well =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that when you get it, it will be everything you hope it to be. Wanna see what I am Waiting on Wednesday for? Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous cover and it sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    Michelle from Pineapples & Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear a lot of good things about this book! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...