Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday...

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog that features books we can't wait to read. It's hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.


My choice this Wednesday is Tris and Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison.

Here is the description from GoodReads
A modern retelling of the German legend "Tristan and Isolde", "Tris and Izzy", is about a young witch named Izzie who is dating Mark King, the captain of the basketball team and thinks her life is going swimmingly well. Until-- she makes a love potion for her best friend Brangane and then ends up taking it herself accidentally, and falling in love with Tristan, the new guy at school.
I chose this book because I enjoyed the original Tristan and Isolde. I also love modern re-telling of classic fairy tales. The cover is so pretty! The expected release date is Oct 11, 2011.

5 comments:

  1. I'm also REALLY looking forward to this one! Awesome pick this week! : )

    My Waiting on Wednesday is:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many books do you read in a week? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Kari, you don't even want to know. I read A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect this one is going to be a hit.
    I'm your newest follower.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kari I keep asking her the same thing. I love the movie "Tristan and Isolde" but I didn't know it was based on a book. Now this one, I am going to have to look for them both. modern re-telling of classic fairy tales are being comming my new favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...